New Berlin - The New Berlin West girls basketball team lost some key players to graduation, but coach Corey Scheel still has plenty of talent returning from an 18-7 team, which finished second (15-3) in what was then the Woodland Conference - Blue Division.
The Vikings are now in the revamped Woodland-West Division.
"We bring back some very strong senior leadership," Scheel said. "These seniors will be counted on to help bring along the new, young talent."
Leading the senior returnees will be Beth Ver Haagh, the top scorer (10.4 points, 3.7 rebounds), Anne Kaczynski, their top three-point shooter, Lizzie Kuhl and Rachel Gasper. They will have to make up the loss of Shannon Burke and Becca Gasper.
Scheel said that seniors Ana Liska and Alison Kuhn and juniors Anne Radtke, Kia Richards and Cheyenne Pasdera, sophomore Nicole Holstein and Ali Boldt and freshman Claire Radtke and Sarah Meleski are others to watch.
- Tom 'Sky' Skibosh
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego girls tennis team wins invitational, dual meet in busy week
- Muskego girls swimming team opens season with victory in Falcon Funfest
- Muskego football team's defense shines in easy opening victory
- Gridiron Guide: Get to know: Muskego Warriors
- Defense could step forward for Muskego football team this season
- Muskego girls tennis team opens season with victory
- Muskego Impact earns split of four-game week in Land O' Lakes action
- Wagner plays big role for Muskego's Classic 8 champion baseball team
- Muskego baseball team enjoys memorable season
- Baseball: Whitnall baseball team uses big fifth inning to stun Muskego in regional title contest