New Berlin - The New Berlin West girls basketball team lost some key players to graduation, but coach Corey Scheel still has plenty of talent returning from an 18-7 team, which finished second (15-3) in what was then the Woodland Conference - Blue Division.
The Vikings are now in the revamped Woodland-West Division.
"We bring back some very strong senior leadership," Scheel said. "These seniors will be counted on to help bring along the new, young talent."
Leading the senior returnees will be Beth Ver Haagh, the top scorer (10.4 points, 3.7 rebounds), Anne Kaczynski, their top three-point shooter, Lizzie Kuhl and Rachel Gasper. They will have to make up the loss of Shannon Burke and Becca Gasper.
Scheel said that seniors Ana Liska and Alison Kuhn and juniors Anne Radtke, Kia Richards and Cheyenne Pasdera, sophomore Nicole Holstein and Ali Boldt and freshman Claire Radtke and Sarah Meleski are others to watch.
- Tom 'Sky' Skibosh
- Muskego baseball team overcame early pitching questions to claim Classic 8, regional championships
- Muskego baseball team nips Greendale, 11-10, in wild WIAA sectional semifinal contest
- Muskego falls to powerful Oak Creek in WIAA sectional championship baseball game
- Muskego's Sandra Mohr helps elite club volleyball team claim national, world championships
- Sports Notes: July 14, 2016
- Muskego sweeps Mukwonago, wraps up second straight Classic 8 baseball crown
- Muskego's Christy Dachowski came back from two surgeries to shine on softball field
- Muskego baseball team sweeps Waukesha West, nears Classic 8 championship
- Muskego's Wagner shines with the stars in both basketball and baseball (1)
- Muskego wins twice, extends lead in Classic 8 Conference baseball race