New Berlin - The New Berlin West girls basketball team lost some key players to graduation, but coach Corey Scheel still has plenty of talent returning from an 18-7 team, which finished second (15-3) in what was then the Woodland Conference - Blue Division.
The Vikings are now in the revamped Woodland-West Division.
"We bring back some very strong senior leadership," Scheel said. "These seniors will be counted on to help bring along the new, young talent."
Leading the senior returnees will be Beth Ver Haagh, the top scorer (10.4 points, 3.7 rebounds), Anne Kaczynski, their top three-point shooter, Lizzie Kuhl and Rachel Gasper. They will have to make up the loss of Shannon Burke and Becca Gasper.
Scheel said that seniors Ana Liska and Alison Kuhn and juniors Anne Radtke, Kia Richards and Cheyenne Pasdera, sophomore Nicole Holstein and Ali Boldt and freshman Claire Radtke and Sarah Meleski are others to watch.
- Tom 'Sky' Skibosh
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Poll: Which area team will win a state football title?
- Sport Shorts: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Muskego boys volleyball team captures Classic 8 dual-meet championship
- Muskego football team clobbers Mukwonago, earns share of conference title
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Week 9
- Sport Shorts: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Muskego boys soccer team goes 2-0-1, continues its late-season surge
- Arrowhead hands Muskego football team second straight 35-28 defeat
- Muskego boys volleyball squad downs powerful Memorial in three sets
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Week 8