Muskego - The 2012-13 season started well for the Muskego boys swimming team with a dual victory over Brookfield and a championship in the Hartford Relays.
The Warriors won nine events in Saturday's meet at Hartford and tallied 81 points to easily beat West Bend's 60 points and Sheboygan South's 55.
The 400 medley team of Matt Gibson, Joe Paquette, Jon Roberts and Clayton Cesarz prevailed in 3 minutes, 50.17 seconds; the 200 freestyle group of Gibson, Ryker Sharp, Patrick Walsh and Joe Szczupakiewicz won with 1:37.09 and the 400 individual medley squad of Paquette, Frank Schoyer, Tyler Schrank and Thomas Stigler came in first at 4:10.28.
The 800 freestyle corps of Cesarz, Szczupakiewicz, Walsh and Allan Prichard won with 7:32.87, while the 300 butterfly unit of Roberts, Drew Borland and Paquette prevailed in 2:47.67 and the 300 backstroke unit of Gibson, Prichard and Schrank won in 2:58.87.
Also winning were the 400 freestyle group of Walsh, Szczupakiewicz, Sharp and Stigler with 3:30.81; the 300 breast stroke unit of Roberts, Stigler and Cesarz at 3:14.92 and the 200 medley group of Schrank, Borland, Prichard and Ivan Couch with 1:51.38.
Muskego downed Brookfield, 117-66, in a dual meet on Nov. 29, winning 10 of the 12 events.
The Warriors are now off until Dec. 13 when they entertain the combined Mukwonago/Waukesha West team in their first Classic 8 Conference dual meet.
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: Jan. 29, 2015
- Muskego girls skiing team captures team title at Alpine Valley meet
- Muskego boys basketball team gears up for showdown with Kettle Moraine
- Sport Shorts: Jan. 22, 2015
- Balanced Muskego boys team stays on a roll with two more victories
- Muskego boys swim squad captures fourth in conference relays meet
- Drew Borland's firsts help Muskego swim team prevail
- Caleb Wagner's basket boosts Muskego boys past Mukwonago in thriller
- Evan Sinda claims championship for Muskego wrestlers at Hale tourney
- Muskego swimmers place well in Homestead, Marquette invitationals