This spring, some UW-Waukesha students will gain real-world experience through participation in a new course, Local Applications of Global Sustainability. Through classroom discussions and readings, students will learn the historical background and framework for understanding sustainability in the 21st century, as well as the scientific bases for environmental sustainability. The majority of the course will be conducted in the field under the direction of a project leader; students will explore issues in Waukesha County and assemble baseline data to develop a sustainability plan for the UW-Waukesha campus. The course is being team-taught by Asif Dominic Habib (Chemistry) and Jane Crisler (Interim Campus Dean/CEO). Instructor consent is required to enroll in this course. The course will be offered during subsequent semesters to continue work on the campus sustainability plan, and can be retaken for additional credit.
Located at 1500 N. University Dr., Waukesha, UW-Waukesha has the largest enrollment among the 13 freshman/sophomore University of Wisconsin Colleges campuses. For information about programs, admission or financial aid, contact the Student Services office at (888) 2UW-WAUK (888-289-9285) or visit www.waukesha.uwc.edu. Find the campus on Facebook at www.facebook.com/UWWaukesha or Twitter at www.twitter.com/UWWaukesha.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Jazz Night at the Ike Cafe
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Sharpen your sleuthing skills for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7
- Callen Construction Recognized by Houzz
- 10th Annual New Berlin West Baseball Casino Night Fundraiser
- Second Planning Mtg. for Hales Corners Chamber's Awards Banquet
- New RE/MAX Office Opens in Muskego
- WINTER WARRIORS
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program