Chinese-English Translator Jan.7 – Jan. 30: Are you bilingual in Chinese? Your assistance is needed by Catholic Charities to assist in one of our adoption cases in January. We are on a tight deadline-with the baby due in just a few days! This is a short-term opportunity, from approximately Jan. 7 – Jan. 30. Basic translation is needed between our client and case manager. Must be bilingual in Chinese (Mandarin, we believe), and a fairly flexible schedule.
Reader’s Café: RSVP in Waukesha is sponsoring a program for seniors 55+ to share books and read with a student during lunch time at Hawthorne School. There will be two sessions on Thursdays. Session 1: 12/2/10-2/24/2011 or Session 2: 3/3/2011-5/26/2011. The time slots for the program are 11:15-12:00 with grades K and 1, 12:00-12:50 with grades 2-3. You may choose to do both times and have 2 different students. You can also choose to do Session 1 or 2 or both sessions. There is a similar program at Hadfield Elementary School on Wednesdays.
Red Carpet Planner: Good Friend, Inc. is producing a film to release in late winter/early spring 2011. Help us plan a grand premier, from venue to VIP seating. Event planning/promotions experience a must. The film “Choosing to Be a GFF is aimed at middle school students, age 12-15 and to increase autism awareness and acceptance of differences.
Music Instructor: Teach youth in Salvation Army programs to play instruments! If you are a brass instrumentalists or pianists who are willing to teach beginner students, late afternoons/early evenings, Monday-Thursday and want to help enrich a child’s life then this is the opportunity for you.
Light Housekeeping: Help keep the playroom clean at The Parent’s Place in Waukesha by sanitizing children’s toys in the front lobby area and cleaning windows. There is also small moving projects and litter pick up around the building. The days and hours are Monday through Thursday between 1:00-3:00pm. You can choose the schedule that best suits your availability.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: The United Way Volunteer Center in Waukesha County, 1717 Paramount Drive, Waukesha (262) 547-8459
- Callen’s Tips for Transforming Small Interior Spaces
- Hoops for Awareness
- Playground at Malone Opens July 2nd
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for Little Muskego Lake project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for senior citizen music therapy project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with Engel Conservation Area seed collection project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with anti-bullying project
- Big Bend resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with heritage plant project
- Callen Staffer Earns National Certification Designation
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on June 22