World Martial Arts Academy (WMAA, 14200 W. National Ave.) is excited to host a board break-a-thon to benefit the Froedtert Hospital Brain Injury Rehab Unit in honor of Greg Phelps. The Break-a-thon will be at WMAA, 14200 W. National Ave. in New Berlin, on Saturday, March 26 from 1 to 4pm.
Mr. Phelps was struck by a car while jogging in Pewaukee on November 28th. Two black belts from WMAA witnessed the accident and were able to help Phelps with his breathing while calling 911.
Phelps suffered multiple injuries, including broken ribs, nose and shoulder blade; liver laceration and a subdural hematoma. He was rushed to Froedtert Hospital in a level 3 coma. Phelps will be at the board break-a-thon to share his story.
WMAA has hosted numerous board break-a-thons to help support worthy causes including local Taekwondo families who have faced medical hardships and Children’s Hospital. In addition to the break-a-thon, the dojang will also hold a bake sale to help raise additional donations.
World Martial Arts Academy is committed to providing students with quality Martial Arts training and disciplinary education in an atmosphere that reinforces family values and individual accomplishments. WMAA was started by Grand Master Taihyon Yun in 2005. Grand Master Yun is a 6th Dan black belt in Taekwondo. He has been studying and teaching martial arts for over 30 years. WMAA has two locations, New Berlin and Muskego.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- Weekly United Way Press Release - Volunteer Opportunities
- Polish Harvest Festival
- From Billions to None: The Passenger Pigeon’s Flight to Extinction
- Eagle Scout Project in Progress at Faith Community Church - Franklin
- Local Vape Shop Kicks Butts
- Christ the King Church of Delafield To Hold Rally Sunday Celebration, Sept. 7
- Milwaukee/NARI Reveals the Secret Ingredient of an Award-Winning Remodel
- Waukesha County’s Mukwonago Park Dog Exercise Area Grand Opening Announced
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County