World Martial Arts Academy (WMAA, 14200 W. National Ave.) is excited to host a board break-a-thon to benefit the Froedtert Hospital Brain Injury Rehab Unit in honor of Greg Phelps. The Break-a-thon will be at WMAA, 14200 W. National Ave. in New Berlin, on Saturday, March 26 from 1 to 4pm.
Mr. Phelps was struck by a car while jogging in Pewaukee on November 28th. Two black belts from WMAA witnessed the accident and were able to help Phelps with his breathing while calling 911.
Phelps suffered multiple injuries, including broken ribs, nose and shoulder blade; liver laceration and a subdural hematoma. He was rushed to Froedtert Hospital in a level 3 coma. Phelps will be at the board break-a-thon to share his story.
WMAA has hosted numerous board break-a-thons to help support worthy causes including local Taekwondo families who have faced medical hardships and Children’s Hospital. In addition to the break-a-thon, the dojang will also hold a bake sale to help raise additional donations.
World Martial Arts Academy is committed to providing students with quality Martial Arts training and disciplinary education in an atmosphere that reinforces family values and individual accomplishments. WMAA was started by Grand Master Taihyon Yun in 2005. Grand Master Yun is a 6th Dan black belt in Taekwondo. He has been studying and teaching martial arts for over 30 years. WMAA has two locations, New Berlin and Muskego.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Annual Muskego High School Career Bus Tour Helps Students
- Callen Says Weatherize Now to Save Energy in Winter
- Save the Date for the New Berlin West Pom & Dance Clinic on Nov. 21, 2015
- Help "Build" Holiday Cheer
- R.A. Smith National Given Green Light from FAA on Commercial Use of Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS)
- Local Contractor on Mission to Educate First Time Homeowners
- SHE KILLS MONSTERS comedy opens at UW-Waukesha
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- Record Setting Ribbon Cuttings for Muskego Businesses
- Heritage Haunted House