The Muskego Public Library is happy to announce the visit of the Jamie Ferschinger of the Urban Ecology Center for a program on Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) on Tuesday, April 26, 2011, at 7:00 PM at the library.
Have you ever wondered how to provide the most nutritional fresh food to your family at the most reasonable cost, wondered just where our fruits and vegetables really come from, whether we should be concerned about food safety, and whether we should put our trust in faceless producers from distant factory farms? What if, instead, we could buy directly from an area farmer (saving the cost and nutrient loss of shipping), who we come to know and where we can even see the fields in which our food is grown without buying a plane ticket?
Community supported agriculture (CSA) is an innovative alternative to our grocery stores. Jamie Ferschinger, Community Program Coordinator at the Urban Ecology Center, will answer these questions and more during this fascinating program.
While there is no charge to attend this program, and all are welcome, a donation of nonperishable food for the Muskego Food Pantry would be most gratefully received. This free program is made possible by the Friends of Muskego Public Library.
The Muskego Public Library is located at S73 W16663 Janesville Road, Muskego. Please call (262) 971-2101 with any questions. The library is open Monday - Thursday, 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM, and Friday - Saturday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego Youth Swims to Second Place Finish at State Finals
- Talent Contest sponsored by Muskego Area Chamber of Commerce
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Habitat for Humanity Selects Flat Rate Home Services to Assist in New Project
- UW-Waukesha's musical “Avenue Q” opens August 7:Artist’s reception to kick off hilarious summer musical
- 8th Annual Refashion For Life Charity Fashion Show Announced
- New Berlin Magic Tryouts for 2016 Season
- Campus News
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin Eisenhower High School Aug. 21
- Eisenhower Football Tailgate Party Fundraiser August 8th