The Muskego Public Library is happy to announce the visit of the Jamie Ferschinger of the Urban Ecology Center for a program on Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) on Tuesday, April 26, 2011, at 7:00 PM at the library.
Have you ever wondered how to provide the most nutritional fresh food to your family at the most reasonable cost, wondered just where our fruits and vegetables really come from, whether we should be concerned about food safety, and whether we should put our trust in faceless producers from distant factory farms? What if, instead, we could buy directly from an area farmer (saving the cost and nutrient loss of shipping), who we come to know and where we can even see the fields in which our food is grown without buying a plane ticket?
Community supported agriculture (CSA) is an innovative alternative to our grocery stores. Jamie Ferschinger, Community Program Coordinator at the Urban Ecology Center, will answer these questions and more during this fascinating program.
While there is no charge to attend this program, and all are welcome, a donation of nonperishable food for the Muskego Food Pantry would be most gratefully received. This free program is made possible by the Friends of Muskego Public Library.
The Muskego Public Library is located at S73 W16663 Janesville Road, Muskego. Please call (262) 971-2101 with any questions. The library is open Monday - Thursday, 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM, and Friday - Saturday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Faith Academy and Faith Community Church Pumpkin Fundraiser
- Milwaukee Festival Brass Benefit Concert/Dinner for St. John's Youth
- Annual Muskego High School Career Bus Tour Helps Students
- Callen Says Weatherize Now to Save Energy in Winter
- Save the Date for the New Berlin West Pom & Dance Clinic on Nov. 21, 2015
- Help "Build" Holiday Cheer
- R.A. Smith National Given Green Light from FAA on Commercial Use of Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS)
- Local Contractor on Mission to Educate First Time Homeowners
- SHE KILLS MONSTERS comedy opens at UW-Waukesha
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards