The Muskego Lions Club participates in the Lions "Recycle for Sight" used eyeglass collection program, and would like to encourage citizens of Muskego to donate their used eyeglasses.
In most developing countries eye care is either unaffordable or inaccessible. An eye exam can cost as much as one month's wages, and a single eye doctor may serve a community of hundreds or thousands of people. For many, poor eyesight that is left uncorrected can lead to unemployment for adults, and for children the inability to attend school. By taking the time to donate your used eyeglasses, you will directly help improve the life of someone in need.
The donated eyeglasses are shipped to the Lions Eyeglass Recycling Center in Rosholt, WI - home of the Wisconsin Lions Camp - where the eyeglasses will be sorted, cleaned, categorized by prescirption and prepared for distribution by Lions and other organizations to third world countries.
Collection boxes can be found at Muskego City Hall, Muskego Public Library, Associated Bank, De Winter Vision Center, Harris Bank, Jerome Drugs, Muskego Regency, Muskego Wal-Mart, Pyramax Bank, Tudor Oaks, St. Leonard's Church, and US Bank.
The Muskego Lions thank you for your help in serving others in need!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- Weekly United Way Press Release - Volunteer Opportunities
- Polish Harvest Festival
- From Billions to None: The Passenger Pigeon’s Flight to Extinction
- Eagle Scout Project in Progress at Faith Community Church - Franklin
- Local Vape Shop Kicks Butts
- Christ the King Church of Delafield To Hold Rally Sunday Celebration, Sept. 7
- Milwaukee/NARI Reveals the Secret Ingredient of an Award-Winning Remodel
- Waukesha County’s Mukwonago Park Dog Exercise Area Grand Opening Announced
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County