The Muskego Lions Club participates in the Lions "Recycle for Sight" used eyeglass collection program, and would like to encourage citizens of Muskego to donate their used eyeglasses.
In most developing countries eye care is either unaffordable or inaccessible. An eye exam can cost as much as one month's wages, and a single eye doctor may serve a community of hundreds or thousands of people. For many, poor eyesight that is left uncorrected can lead to unemployment for adults, and for children the inability to attend school. By taking the time to donate your used eyeglasses, you will directly help improve the life of someone in need.
The donated eyeglasses are shipped to the Lions Eyeglass Recycling Center in Rosholt, WI - home of the Wisconsin Lions Camp - where the eyeglasses will be sorted, cleaned, categorized by prescirption and prepared for distribution by Lions and other organizations to third world countries.
Collection boxes can be found at Muskego City Hall, Muskego Public Library, Associated Bank, De Winter Vision Center, Harris Bank, Jerome Drugs, Muskego Regency, Muskego Wal-Mart, Pyramax Bank, Tudor Oaks, St. Leonard's Church, and US Bank.
The Muskego Lions thank you for your help in serving others in need!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Our TreASures … Our Heart
- UW-Waukesha Continuing Education Classes Offered Nov 10-16, 2014
- Fabulous Fish Fry for a Fabulous Cause
- All You Can Eat Breakfast Buffet
- Muskego Open Swim, Pool Rentals, & Swim Lessons!
- Bestselling author headlines National Novel Writing Month kickoff
- United Way in Waukesha County Weekly Press Release
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- West Allis Pastor and Music Director Perform Concert in Sweden
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 15 Members