Congratulations to Katherine Furmack, eighth grade graduate of St. Martin of Tours Parish School, who is the 2010-2011 recipient of the St. Martin of Tours Parish School Legacy of Learning Scholarship. Katherine, who received the $1,000 award, will attend Pius XI High School in Milwaukee this fall.
This scholarship honors the long tradition of excellence in education begun at Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary School in the 19th century and continued in the present by St. Martin of Tours Parish School. It recognizes the highest commitment to Catholic scholarship, leadership, and discipleship demonstrated by an eighth grade student who will attend Catholic High School. Katherine has exemplified these characteristics in her years of attendance at St. Martin of Tours Parish School beginning in third grade.
She has engaged safety patrol, altar serving and handbell choir through the years and was selected in both 7th and 8th grades for participation in the Discovery Project, the Archdiocese of Milwaukee’s middle school honors program. Katherine looks forward to her high school studies and is considering studying engineering in college.
The entire St. Martin of Tours Parish School community applauds Katherine’s efforts and congratulates her on this achievement.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 30th Annual Candy Cane Lane Opens
- Hales Corners Lutheran Church presents annual Christmas Musical
- Franklin 8th Grader makes team USA U15
- Puzzles and Games that Exercise the Brain
- A Retirement Income Planning Primer
- SUNSET PLAYHOUSE PRESENTS CROONER CHRIS MARIANI IN HAVE A COOL YULE
- We want to help relieve your Holiday Stress!!!
- Waukesha County Purchase Award contest winners announced
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- Santa is Coming to Town in Greendale