Lay Leaders: Wisconsin Arthritis Program is looking for volunteers to become trained Lay Leaders of the Living Well with Chronic Conditions Program to help improve the self-management skills of people living with ongoing health issues in Waukesha County. Volunteers must attend a four day training and learn how to properly facilitate the Living Well with Chronic Conditions workshop. After training you will be certified to be a Lay Leader.
Service Center Assistant: Assist Staff members of Waukesha Family YMCA by greeting members and guests, verify membership, sell day passes and direct people to class locations. A cheerful, outgoing and friendly attitude is required! Volunteers are needed Monday-Thursday 4-8pm and Saturday 10:00am-2:00pm. Scheduling is flexible, work one day or all four. Detailed training is necessary and will be conducted on site at the time of the volunteer placement.
Gardening, Light Housekeeping and Maintenance: TYME OUT Youth Ministry, a retreat for teens located in Nashotah, has volunteer opportunities to assist in house-keeping, light maintenance and gardening. Services are needed 1-2 times a week or up to four hours total.
GED Tutors: The Literacy Council of Greater Waukesha is looking for volunteers to tutor students at least once per week for an hour and help prepare them for their GED or High School Equivalency Degree tests. This opportunity is held throughout Waukesha County and training is included.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: United Way Volunteer Center in Waukesha County, 1717 Paramount Drive, Waukesha (262) 547-8459 x117 or 115
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego Lions Proud to Announce New Officers
- Refashion for Life Charity Fashion Show to Feature Clothing, Home Improvement Products
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- Get Back 2 School 4 a G8 Deal!
- Fall into Free Fab Skincare!
- 2015 U14 Wisconsin Warriors Baseball Tryouts!!
- Waukesha County Recycling & Water Resources: In the Community
- Two Warriors Named Regional Champions
- Muskego Resident is an "I Ride with MS" Ambassador
- St. James Parish Festival to be held In Mukwonago Aug. 15 - 17