Muskego resident Marge Posbrig will present a lecture titled “The Anatomy of a Sweatshirt” at Quilt Expo in Madison. The one-hour lecture is among 144 to be given by notable quilting authorities, and provides an opportunity for quilters to acquire new ideas and tips from leading quilting educators.
The Quilt Expo, presented by Wisconsin Public Television (WPT) and Nancy Zieman Productions LLC, runs 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 8 through Saturday, Sept. 10 in the Exhibition Hall at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison.
The event provides educational opportunities for quilters but also draws non-quilters who enjoy viewing hundreds of exquisite quilts on exhibit.
Additional highlights are a vendor mall representing more than 150 national and regional companies, educational workshops, stage presentations by industry leaders, appearances by Nancy Zieman of public television’s Sewing With Nancy®, a community service project and two evening events.
For complete details and to pre-register for lectures, workshops and evening events, or to purchase advance tickets, visit wiquiltexpo.com on the Web or phone 866-297-6545.
Funding for Quilt Expo is provided by Nancy’s Notions®, Baby Lock, Janome, It’s for Quilting Etc., Koala Studios, Husqvarna Viking, Pfaff, Fons & Porter’s Love of Quilting, Bernina and Elna.
WPT is a service of the Educational Communications Board and University of Wisconsin-Extension.
Wisconsin Public Television is a place to grow through learning on WHA-TV, Madison; WPNE-TV/TV, Green Bay; WHRM-TV, Wausau; WLEF-TV/TV, Park Falls; WHLA-TV, La Crosse; and WHWC-TV, Menomonie-Eau Claire.
- Callen’s Tips for Transforming Small Interior Spaces
- Hoops for Awareness
- Playground at Malone Opens July 2nd
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for Little Muskego Lake project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for senior citizen music therapy project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with Engel Conservation Area seed collection project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with anti-bullying project
- Big Bend resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with heritage plant project
- Callen Staffer Earns National Certification Designation
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on June 22