LandCrafters, Inc. of New Berlin will construct retaining walls in front of Harmony House located at 1149 N. 21st St. in Milwaukee on Fri., Oct. 21 and Sat., Oct. 22. Harmony House is a community house where volunteers stay and live in common while working for Casa Maria Catholic Worker House of Hospitality.
Casa Maria desired to better utilize its landscape, currently a steep hill in front of the home, to better achieve the added goal of developing extensive gardens designed for urban food production. The resulting terraces will help Casa Maria develop extensive gardens, utilized for both food and environmental benefits.
Working with the City of Milwaukee, David Guthery of LandCrafters was able to design a solution and secure the donation of the Country Manor retaining wall block and materials from Best Block of Menomonee Falls, WI. LandCrafters will donate the remaining materials and resources to complete the project, plus company employees and several of their family members are donating their time and abilities, joining together to complete the walls within two days.
Founded in 1966, Casa Maria cares for the homeless of Milwaukee. The facility currently provides short-term (30 day) housing to four women and their families, as well as offers transitional housing for two other families. Currently six full time volunteers live at Harmony House.
Scott Ziebol founded LandCrafters in 1998, after working many years in design/build landscape contracting in the Milwaukee metro area. LandCrafters goal is to provide clients with high craftsmanship, service, and value throughout the entire landscape experience – construction and maintenance. LandCrafters has received awards for its work from the Wisconsin Landscape Contractors Association and Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council, Inc., as well as national awards from the Professional Landcare Network (PLANET).
- Pet Safety Tips for the Heat
- Waukesha County Wins National County Award
- 9th Annual Refashion For Life Charity Fashion Show Announced
- Callen’s Remodeling Tips to Save Energy, the Environment
- Milwaukee NARI Foundation Announces Officers and Directors
- “Cave Quest” Vacation Bible School at Faith Community Church, July 18 - 22
- COMMUNICATION IS A TWO-WAY STREET: SPEED BUMPS THAT CAN SLOW DOWN THE CREDIT APPROVAL PROCESS
- Pewaukee resident elected to Girl Scout Board
- HAVE A “HAWS”-SOME SUMMER!
- 5K Run/Walk to Benefit Kenya Kids