InPro Corporation, already known as a leading pioneer in sustainable building products, has made another improvement in its operational process and will now ship all small packages under the UPS carbon neutral shipping program. InPro ships nearly 95,000 small packages via United Parcel Service each year. This includes everything from full-line catalogs and product samples to hardware, rolled wall cladding and trim pieces.
UPS carbon neutral shipping offers InPro the opportunity to enhance its efforts in reducing overall global CO2 impacts. For an small fee per package, contributions are made to projects like Garcia River Forestry in the United States, Fujian Landfill Gas in China, La Pradera Landfill Gas in Colombia, and Cholburi Wastewater Biogas-to-Energy in Thailand. UPS handles everything, from calculating the emissions to purchasing and retiring the carbon offsets.
A carbon offset is a reduction in emissions of carbon dioxide or greenhouse gases made in order to compensate for, or to offset, an emission made elsewhere. Individuals, companies, or governments purchase carbon offsets to mitigate their own greenhouse gas emissions from transportation, electricity use, and other sources. Offsets are typically achieved through financial support of projects that reduce the emission of greenhouse gases in the short or long term. The market for offsets was created to achieve compliance with obligations under the Kyoto Protocol.
“We are pleased to be participating in the UPS carbon neutral program,” said Phil Ziegler, InPro’s president. “Our company continues exploring new ways to improve our sustainable practices and we’ve been recognized for our efforts to reduce the impacts of our operations. Given how much we ship via UPS each year, joining in their carbon neutral efforts was an easy decision.”
Based in Muskego, Wisconsin, InPro is the nation’s premier manufacturer of building products, including door and wall protection, decorative surfaces, expansion joint systems, cubicle track & privacy curtains and signage & wayfinding. InPro products are used in the healthcare, senior living, hospitality, and education sectors.
The company leads the industry with the first biopolymer wall protection – InPro’s exclusive G2 Blend® made from BioPolyPETG+® material containing both a biopolymer and recycled content. InPro is a proud participant in the UPS carbon neutral shipping program.
For more information on InPro Corporation, visit www.inprocorp.com, or call 800-222-5556.
- Enjoy Local Cuisine and the Water Bugs Show on Little Muskego Lake
- Callen’s Tips for Transforming Small Interior Spaces
- Hoops for Awareness
- Playground at Malone Opens July 2nd
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for Little Muskego Lake project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for senior citizen music therapy project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with Engel Conservation Area seed collection project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with anti-bullying project
- Big Bend resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with heritage plant project
- Callen Staffer Earns National Certification Designation