Brookfield, Wis. – Attorney Michelle Fitzgerald, founder of Horizons Law Group, has been recognized by Wisconsin Law Journal as one of its 2011 “Women in the Law.”
Fitzgerald, a Waukesha resident and family law practitioner in the 12-year-old firm, was chosen from a group of more than 70 nominations. She was lauded for Horizons Law Group’s unique approach offering clients “unbundled” services, where they can choose from an a la carte menu of legal representation to meet their needs.
The “Women in the Law” honorees were selected based on their case management acumen, volunteer outreach, mentoring of other attorneys and demonstration of work-family balance.
“I am extremely honored by this award,” said Fitzgerald, a graduate of Marquette University Law School. “I’m also very proud of the service that Horizons Law Group offers our clients, and the choices we offer that allow them to customize their legal representation. The ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach rarely works for everyone, and our clients respond very positively to having choices to fit their needs.”
Horizons Law Group has six attorneys whose practices encompass family law, bankruptcy, civil and consumer matters, criminal and traffic cases, employment, probate, foreclosure defense, real estate, small business, estate planning and mediation and collaborative law. The firm’s main office is in Brookfield, with satellite offices in Kenosha and Hartford.
Besides her emphasis on family law, Fitzgerald’s practice includes real estate, new business start-ups, estate planning, probate and guardianships. She holds a B.A. in teaching from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Prior to studying law, she taught high school for seven years in the Milwaukee Public Schools.
Fitzgerald was recently named Chairperson of the Wisconsin Better Business Bureau Board. She also teaches “Mediation Advocacy” as an adjunct professor at Marquette University Law School. She volunteers at the House of Peace legal clinic, and is a member of the Milwaukee Bar Association and the State Bar of Wisconsin’s Association of Women Lawyers.
Founded in 2000, Horizons Law Group offers full representation and unbundled legal services for a wide range of legal needs commonly encountered by consumers and small businesses. Information about its attorneys and services is available at www.horizonslaw.com.
- Callen’s Tips for Transforming Small Interior Spaces
- Hoops for Awareness
- Playground at Malone Opens July 2nd
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for Little Muskego Lake project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for senior citizen music therapy project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with Engel Conservation Area seed collection project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with anti-bullying project
- Big Bend resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with heritage plant project
- Callen Staffer Earns National Certification Designation
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on June 22