Fathers Are Important: Safe Babies Healthy Families
Be a speaker once a month at our Child Birth Education Classes. These classes are for young parents who would not feel comfortable in a traditional childbirth ed class. The young dads that participate would learn the value of dad being involved with his new baby and the benefits for the baby with having a positive father in his/her life. An orientation and materials would be available prior to doing the first group.
Ready, Set, Camp Event: Girl Scouts Of Wisconsin Southeast
Assist or lead a group of 15-20 girls grades 1st-3rd. Venture outdoors as you and girls will hit the trail and cook over a camp stove. Help girls learn knots and perfect their campfire building skills to get ready for an outdoor camping experience. Dates include Saturday may 5th, Tuesday may 15th, and Saturday may 19th.
Board members: HOPE Network, Inc.
Board members are needed by HOPE Network, a small nonprofit charity that helps single mothers and their children in the metro Milwaukee & Waukesha areas. We welcome active individuals to join us in providing a variety of programs for single mothers. Board meetings are 6 -8 pm every other month near Mayfair Mall, Wauwatosa (May, July, Sept., Nov., Jan, March, with a dinner planning / socializing meeting in summer). Organization's annual budget is less than $70,000, so board is very hands-on. Need individuals with ideas, enthusiasm, and willingness to follow-through.; community connections are a plus.
Meals On Wheels Driver: The Caring Place, Inc.
Come share a smile with a home-bound adult! Deliver meals to the elderly, disabled or home-bound individuals so they are able to remain in their homes. Meals are delivered to clients in the City of Waukesha and portions of the Town of Waukesha. Volunteer drivers are needed Monday through Friday from 11:00am-12:30pm.
For more information please contact The United Way Volunteer Center in Waukesha County, 1717 Paramount Drive, Waukesha (262) 547-8459
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Boy Scout Honors Grandfather With Eagle Award
- Join UW-Waukesha Continuing Education for Haunted Halloween Chicago Trip
- Weekly United Way Press Release - Volunteer Opportunities
- Autumn Harvest Bowl Disc Golf Event for the Food Pantry of Waukesha County
- St. Martin of Tours - Oktoberfest 2014
- Oktoberfest - Saturday, October 18th FREE Admission!
- RED HOT MAMA! A Tribute to Sophie Tucker (featuring Becky Spice)
- SPROCKET ROCKETS Named Gold Spokes Team for 2014 Bike MS Fundraising Efforts
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Callen Debuts Updated Website