The Financial Planning Association® of Southern Wisconsin (FPA®-SW, www.fpasw.org), is proud to announce they will be providing financial planning volunteers at the upcoming Phoenix Society World Burn Congress, which will be held in Milwaukee September 12th through the 15th.
"We are pleased to be able to provide this resource to the Burn Congress attendees," said Laura Wilcox, a Certified Financial Planning practitioner and co-chair for Pro Bono activities for the FPA®-SW.
"Burn survivors and those who care for them understand that life can change in an instant. Financial planning emphasizes the importance of getting organized, having certain legal safeguards in place and preparing for the future, whatever it may hold."
The Phoenix Society (www.phoenix-society.org ) was founded by Alan Breslau, who was extensively burned in the crash of a commercial airliner in 1963. Following a visit to a young boy in a burn center, Alan realized the importance of peer support for those with burn injuries and went on to establish one of the first burn support organizations in the United States. After many years of working with burn survivors he officially incorporated The Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors in 1977. The Society takes its name from the legendary bird that lives 500 years and is consumed by flame, but rises again, reborn from its ashes, more brilliant than before.
The Financial Planning Association® is the leadership and advocacy organization which connects those who need, support and deliver financial planning.
FPA’s 95 U.S. chapters represent tens of thousands of members nationwide. FPA also maintains relationships with 25 sister organizations around the world, representing 39 countries.
FPA® fosters the value of financial planning and advances the practice and profession for its members and the public at large. FPA® believes all consumers deserve to receive professional care, quality and excellence, and that financial planning services should be delivered in accordance with the FPA Standard of Care.
For further information, please contact Liz Pollock, MBA, CFP®, CLU at (262) 439-9867 or liz@AffordableHealthandMore.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Faith Academy and Faith Community Church Pumpkin Fundraiser
- Milwaukee Festival Brass Benefit Concert/Dinner for St. John's Youth
- Annual Muskego High School Career Bus Tour Helps Students
- Callen Says Weatherize Now to Save Energy in Winter
- Save the Date for the New Berlin West Pom & Dance Clinic on Nov. 21, 2015
- Help "Build" Holiday Cheer
- R.A. Smith National Given Green Light from FAA on Commercial Use of Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS)
- Local Contractor on Mission to Educate First Time Homeowners
- SHE KILLS MONSTERS comedy opens at UW-Waukesha
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards