The Wisconsin Lions Camp, owned and operated by the Wisconsin Lions Foundation, Inc., begins its 57th year of camping for youth and adults with disabilities on May 29, 2013. The twelve-week summer camping program is provided free of charge, made possible by the financial support of the Lions, Lioness, and Leo Clubs of Wisconsin. Individuals and corporate donors also assist the Lions with financial support, making the camp possible. Specialized camping sessions are scheduled for youth and adults who are blind or visually impaired and deaf or hard of hearing. Camping sessions are also scheduled for youth who socially or educationally function as having a mild cognitive disability and for youth with diabetes. The Lions Camp provides summer employment opportunities in positions of cabin counselors, program specialists, and nurses, with male counselors and nurses being our greatest need. We also offer a counselor-in-training program for youth ages 16 & 17 for a fee.
In addition to the regular summer camping program, the Wisconsin Lions Camp operates as a year-round Retreat and Conference Center. The facility is rented to anyone, with preference given to school groups, organizations serving persons with disabilities, and other non-profit groups. Weekend family camps offered in the winter and spring provide camping opportunities for families with a member having a disability. Minimal fees are charged to cover the operating cost for these rental programs.
Camper applications for various programs or information on summer employment opportunities may be obtained by contacting: Wisconsin Lions Camp Retreat & Conference Center,3834 County Road A, Rosholt, WI 54473. You can call us at 715-677-4969, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our website at www.wisconsinlionscamp.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Our TreASures … Our Heart
- UW-Waukesha Continuing Education Classes Offered Nov 10-16, 2014
- Fabulous Fish Fry for a Fabulous Cause
- All You Can Eat Breakfast Buffet
- Muskego Open Swim, Pool Rentals, & Swim Lessons!
- Bestselling author headlines National Novel Writing Month kickoff
- United Way in Waukesha County Weekly Press Release
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- West Allis Pastor and Music Director Perform Concert in Sweden
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 15 Members