The Milwaukee office of The Opus Group® (Opus) and the Opus Foundation today announced grants of more than $200,000 to support 12 southeastern Wisconsin nonprofit organizations.
“The Opus organization has always placed a high priority on community stewardship through the Opus Foundation,” said Julie Ledger, vice president and general manager of Opus Development Company, L.L.C.’s Milwaukee Office. “These organizations have the power to improve the communities in which we live and work, and we are proud to invest in them.”
The Opus Foundation awards grants in two categories: the Impact Fund and the Opportunity Fund. The Impact Fund supports strategic investments in human and community development and the Opus Opportunity Fund is designed to meet pressing and emerging needs in communities where Opus does business.
Recipients of the Impact Fund for 2013 are Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee, Atonement Early Childhood Center, Guest House of Milwaukee, Inc., Children’s Outing Association (COA) and Local Initiatives Support Corporation Milwaukee (LISC).
Recipients of the Opportunity Fund for 2013 are Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast, Junior Achievement of Wisconsin, Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity, Milwaukee Montessori School, Next Door, Real Estate Alliance for Charity (REACH) and Rebuilding Together Greater Milwaukee.
This year’s grant recipients have a number of diverse missions and causes, including but not limited to childhood education programs, professional career training, employment readiness and placement, assistance to low-income homeowners and support for various community revitalization efforts.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- SPROCKET ROCKETS Named Gold Spokes Team for 2014 Bike MS Fundraising Efforts
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Callen Debuts Updated Website
- Hockey Moms Face Off Against Cancer
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014
- UW-Waukesha Continuing Education Classes (Sept 29-Oct 5, 2014)
- How To Write and Deliver A Tale Tall
- 16U Franklin Flame Fastpitch Wounded Warrior Fundraiser
- Free Prepare Your Home for Winter Seminar Offered by Milwaukee/NARI
- Pre Three Class