Contact: Rebecca Mattano
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Date: January 6, 2014
Meet Recycle Raccoon and Free Recycling Information at JanBoree!
Waukesha (WI) – January 6, 2014 – Waukesha County Recycling will be out during this year’s Waukesha JanBoree with appearances by Recycle Raccoon and an information booth at Retzer Nature Center.
Friday, Jan. 17 – “Let the Ice Skating Begin” at Eble Park Ice Arena, 19400 W. Bluemound Road in Brookfield from 7:30 p.m. – 9:45 p.m. The cost is $5.00, which includes admission and skate rental. Spectators are free, so come and watch Recycle Raccoon as he races other mascots at approximately 8:45 p.m.
Sunday, Jan. 19 – Free Activities at Retzer Nature Center, S14W28167 Madison St., Waukesha, starts at 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. with a staffed recycling booth from noon to 3:00 p.m.
Sunday, Jan. 19 – Free Ice Skating at Naga-Waukee Park Ice Arena, 2699 Golf Rd. in Delafield, from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. Recycle Raccoon will join the crowd from 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Additional Waukesha County events on Sunday, January19 include snowshoeing, planetarium shows, and nature crafts for kids at Retzer Nature Center. An Ice Fishing Clinic, Alaskan Malamute Dog Pull and the Barnelopet Children’s Cross Country Ski Race are taking place at Minooka Park, 1927 E. Sunset Dr. in Waukesha. All events are part of the Waukesha JanBoree, hosted by the City of Waukesha Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department, and you can find a listing of all events at janboree.org. For more information about Waukesha County Events log onto www.waukeshacountyparks.com; for recycling events log onto waukeshacounty.gov/recycling.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 27
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- GRAEF ENGINEER, PROJECT HONORED BY APWA
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Results of 2015 Rummage Sale
- Callen Completes Window and Patio Door Installation for Infinity® Windows and Doors Sweepstakes Winner
- Feast of the Sacred Heart Celebration
- Ross Dental Now Open In New Berlin
- Faith Community Church Offering Early VBS Registration thru June 1st
- Memorial Day Honors World War II Vets