Contact: Rebecca Mattano
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Date: January 6, 2014
Meet Recycle Raccoon and Free Recycling Information at JanBoree!
Waukesha (WI) – January 6, 2014 – Waukesha County Recycling will be out during this year’s Waukesha JanBoree with appearances by Recycle Raccoon and an information booth at Retzer Nature Center.
Friday, Jan. 17 – “Let the Ice Skating Begin” at Eble Park Ice Arena, 19400 W. Bluemound Road in Brookfield from 7:30 p.m. – 9:45 p.m. The cost is $5.00, which includes admission and skate rental. Spectators are free, so come and watch Recycle Raccoon as he races other mascots at approximately 8:45 p.m.
Sunday, Jan. 19 – Free Activities at Retzer Nature Center, S14W28167 Madison St., Waukesha, starts at 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. with a staffed recycling booth from noon to 3:00 p.m.
Sunday, Jan. 19 – Free Ice Skating at Naga-Waukee Park Ice Arena, 2699 Golf Rd. in Delafield, from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. Recycle Raccoon will join the crowd from 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Additional Waukesha County events on Sunday, January19 include snowshoeing, planetarium shows, and nature crafts for kids at Retzer Nature Center. An Ice Fishing Clinic, Alaskan Malamute Dog Pull and the Barnelopet Children’s Cross Country Ski Race are taking place at Minooka Park, 1927 E. Sunset Dr. in Waukesha. All events are part of the Waukesha JanBoree, hosted by the City of Waukesha Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department, and you can find a listing of all events at janboree.org. For more information about Waukesha County Events log onto www.waukeshacountyparks.com; for recycling events log onto waukeshacounty.gov/recycling.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin Eisenhower High School Aug. 21
- Callen Construction Suggests Kitchen Upgrades for Easier Cooking and Cleaning
- SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN FESTIVAL OF BOOKS ANNOUNCES CO-CHAIRS and DATE OF EVENT
- Muskego Youth Swims to Second Place Finish at State Finals
- Talent Contest sponsored by Muskego Area Chamber of Commerce
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Habitat for Humanity Selects Flat Rate Home Services to Assist in New Project
- UW-Waukesha's musical “Avenue Q” opens August 7:Artist’s reception to kick off hilarious summer musical
- 8th Annual Refashion For Life Charity Fashion Show Announced
- New Berlin Magic Tryouts for 2016 Season