Contact: Rebecca Mattano
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Date: January 6, 2014
Meet Recycle Raccoon and Free Recycling Information at JanBoree!
Waukesha (WI) – January 6, 2014 – Waukesha County Recycling will be out during this year’s Waukesha JanBoree with appearances by Recycle Raccoon and an information booth at Retzer Nature Center.
Friday, Jan. 17 – “Let the Ice Skating Begin” at Eble Park Ice Arena, 19400 W. Bluemound Road in Brookfield from 7:30 p.m. – 9:45 p.m. The cost is $5.00, which includes admission and skate rental. Spectators are free, so come and watch Recycle Raccoon as he races other mascots at approximately 8:45 p.m.
Sunday, Jan. 19 – Free Activities at Retzer Nature Center, S14W28167 Madison St., Waukesha, starts at 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. with a staffed recycling booth from noon to 3:00 p.m.
Sunday, Jan. 19 – Free Ice Skating at Naga-Waukee Park Ice Arena, 2699 Golf Rd. in Delafield, from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. Recycle Raccoon will join the crowd from 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Additional Waukesha County events on Sunday, January19 include snowshoeing, planetarium shows, and nature crafts for kids at Retzer Nature Center. An Ice Fishing Clinic, Alaskan Malamute Dog Pull and the Barnelopet Children’s Cross Country Ski Race are taking place at Minooka Park, 1927 E. Sunset Dr. in Waukesha. All events are part of the Waukesha JanBoree, hosted by the City of Waukesha Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department, and you can find a listing of all events at janboree.org. For more information about Waukesha County Events log onto www.waukeshacountyparks.com; for recycling events log onto waukeshacounty.gov/recycling.
- Callen’s Tips for Transforming Small Interior Spaces
- Hoops for Awareness
- Playground at Malone Opens July 2nd
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for Little Muskego Lake project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for senior citizen music therapy project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with Engel Conservation Area seed collection project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with anti-bullying project
- Big Bend resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with heritage plant project
- Callen Staffer Earns National Certification Designation
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on June 22