Contact: Rebecca Mattano
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Date: January 6, 2014
Meet Recycle Raccoon and Free Recycling Information at JanBoree!
Waukesha (WI) – January 6, 2014 – Waukesha County Recycling will be out during this year’s Waukesha JanBoree with appearances by Recycle Raccoon and an information booth at Retzer Nature Center.
Friday, Jan. 17 – “Let the Ice Skating Begin” at Eble Park Ice Arena, 19400 W. Bluemound Road in Brookfield from 7:30 p.m. – 9:45 p.m. The cost is $5.00, which includes admission and skate rental. Spectators are free, so come and watch Recycle Raccoon as he races other mascots at approximately 8:45 p.m.
Sunday, Jan. 19 – Free Activities at Retzer Nature Center, S14W28167 Madison St., Waukesha, starts at 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. with a staffed recycling booth from noon to 3:00 p.m.
Sunday, Jan. 19 – Free Ice Skating at Naga-Waukee Park Ice Arena, 2699 Golf Rd. in Delafield, from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. Recycle Raccoon will join the crowd from 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Additional Waukesha County events on Sunday, January19 include snowshoeing, planetarium shows, and nature crafts for kids at Retzer Nature Center. An Ice Fishing Clinic, Alaskan Malamute Dog Pull and the Barnelopet Children’s Cross Country Ski Race are taking place at Minooka Park, 1927 E. Sunset Dr. in Waukesha. All events are part of the Waukesha JanBoree, hosted by the City of Waukesha Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department, and you can find a listing of all events at janboree.org. For more information about Waukesha County Events log onto www.waukeshacountyparks.com; for recycling events log onto waukeshacounty.gov/recycling.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community Volunteers Race to Action for Muskego Senior Taxi
- Bring your family and pet! 5k Fun Run/Walk & Wellness Fair
- "9 and Dine" Firebird Open Golf Event
- All You Can Eat Breakfast Sunday, April 19th
- Zumbathon Benefitting Generations Against Bullying
- Faith Community Church offering ALPHA Course Starting April 22
- Falcon Fest Organizers hope to exceed $10,000 goal
- Camp Cave: A New Program for Children with Special Needs and Disabilities
- Third-annual On Deck event set for April 25
- Above the Town Present A Free Bluegrass Cabaret Concert