This year, several parents pulled together separate chess programs from Mill Valley, Lake Denoon and Muskego High School, to form what is known as the Muskego Scholastic Chess Club.
The Muskego Scholastic Chess Club (or MSCC) is a volunteer-run organization that exists to bring the game of chess to kids who attend Muskego-Norway schools.
This program meets weekly, Wednesdays from 6:30-8:00pm at Muskego High School in the cafeteria. Over 100 kids from 8 schools actively participate in the program which is run by parents Mark Seghers, Dan Schantz and Dan Gomoll, with assistance from Matt Schladweiler and the International Academy of Chess and many other parents who help with fundraising and other activities. The MSCC is self-funded and free to MNSD students.
Muskego has an 8 year history of scholastic chess, started in 2005 by Greg Reese at Mill Valley Elementary. The team of Evan & Reid Seghers, Jorin McGuire and Chris Tillson won the K-3 national championship that year, and today are all part of the Muskego High School team that won its conference last year. Muskego has won many first place trophies and two state championships since then, and another 2nd place national championship, receiving an award from the City of Muskego in 2010.
The MSCC has a web site at http://muskegochess.blogspot.com. For questions about the MSCC, please contact Mark Seghers via email at email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego Lions Proud to Announce New Officers
- Refashion for Life Charity Fashion Show to Feature Clothing, Home Improvement Products
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- Get Back 2 School 4 a G8 Deal!
- Fall into Free Fab Skincare!
- 2015 U14 Wisconsin Warriors Baseball Tryouts!!
- Waukesha County Recycling & Water Resources: In the Community
- Two Warriors Named Regional Champions
- Muskego Resident is an "I Ride with MS" Ambassador
- St. James Parish Festival to be held In Mukwonago Aug. 15 - 17