The Carthage Women’s Ensemble from Carthage College announces their Spring 2014 Midwest Tour; launching in Wind Lake, WI on March 21 at Norway Evangelical Lutheran (6321 Heg Park Rd).
Located in Kenosha, WI, Carthage, a liberal arts college affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, fosters the rich tradition of choral singing found in Lutheran colleges throughout the United States.
The Carthage Women’s Ensemble, under the esteemed direction of Dr. Peter Dennee, has developed a strong reputation throughout Wisconsin and the region as a model for choral excellence. Carthage Women’s Ensemble is a highly select auditioned choir of approximately 50 singers. They perform music from all genres of choral literature—Medieval through the 21st century as well as arrangements of folk and global musics—and have premiered several new works for women’s choir. In recent years the choir has toured regionally throughout Wisconsin and Northern Illinois; nationally to Florida, Maryland, and Washington, D.C.; and internationally to Bratislava, Dresden, Prague, Salzburg, Toronto, Vienna and smaller towns in Austria, Canada, the Czech Republic, Germany, and Slovakia.
All performances are FREE and open to the public. A free-will donation will be accepted to offset the cost of the tour.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- United Way in Waukesha County Weekly Press Release
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- West Allis Pastor and Music Director Perform Concert in Sweden
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 15 Members
- Kristen Belan Joins R.A. Smith National as Municipal Services Project Manager/Engineer
- WCA “I Choose Compassion” Campaign Launches For National Bullying Prevention Month
- Put some WOW into your job search!
- New Berlin Police Motorcycle Shirts Fundraiser
- A Special Need for Communication
- Muskego Kiwanis Great Pumpkin Carve