The Carthage Women’s Ensemble from Carthage College announces their Spring 2014 Midwest Tour; launching in Wind Lake, WI on March 21 at Norway Evangelical Lutheran (6321 Heg Park Rd).
Located in Kenosha, WI, Carthage, a liberal arts college affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, fosters the rich tradition of choral singing found in Lutheran colleges throughout the United States.
The Carthage Women’s Ensemble, under the esteemed direction of Dr. Peter Dennee, has developed a strong reputation throughout Wisconsin and the region as a model for choral excellence. Carthage Women’s Ensemble is a highly select auditioned choir of approximately 50 singers. They perform music from all genres of choral literature—Medieval through the 21st century as well as arrangements of folk and global musics—and have premiered several new works for women’s choir. In recent years the choir has toured regionally throughout Wisconsin and Northern Illinois; nationally to Florida, Maryland, and Washington, D.C.; and internationally to Bratislava, Dresden, Prague, Salzburg, Toronto, Vienna and smaller towns in Austria, Canada, the Czech Republic, Germany, and Slovakia.
All performances are FREE and open to the public. A free-will donation will be accepted to offset the cost of the tour.
- Callen’s Tips for Transforming Small Interior Spaces
- Hoops for Awareness
- Playground at Malone Opens July 2nd
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for Little Muskego Lake project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for senior citizen music therapy project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with Engel Conservation Area seed collection project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with anti-bullying project
- Big Bend resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with heritage plant project
- Callen Staffer Earns National Certification Designation
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on June 22