FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
KIDS FROM WISCONSIN TO ANNOUNCE 2014 TROUPE
Milwaukee, Wisconsin- Kids From Wisconsin will be announcing their 2014 troupe on March 15, 2014. This day is significant, as it is “Absolutely Incredible Kids Day”. Google it, it’s true!
After holding auditions across the state, young musicians from various hometowns in Wisconsin have been chosen to be a part of Kids From Wisconsin.
As Wisconsin’s musical ambassadors of goodwill, the Kids From Wisconsin have been captivating audiences since 1969. With their wide variety of vocal talent, outstanding instrumentalists, impeccable choreography and creative costumes, KIDS continues to be one of the most popular youth music groups in the Midwest.
The auditions held in Eau Claire, Steven’s Point, and Milwaukee led to finding the best young performers from across the state. The troupe will consist of 20 talented singers/dancers and a dynamic 13-piece band that will perform across the state this summer.
Holding auditions in different locations throughout Wisconsin not only leads to finding the most talented young musicians, but also gives several communities the chance to have a Hometown KID as part of the troupe.
Having a Hometown KID is a great way to boost a community’s presence. Each Hometown KID along with the name of their community will be featured in the playbill that will be distributed at each of many shows across the state. Hometown KIDS bring awareness to the music and dance programs in their communities and are a way for communities to take pride in their commitment to the arts.
The KIDS have about 60 shows booked for the 2014 season. The performances will take place at venues including UW- River Falls, Muskego Performing Arts Center, their premiere performance at Wisconsin Lutheran College on June 24, as well as two performances each day during the Wisconsin State Fair. Shows are continually being added. Check the website for updates. The theme for this year’s show is “Can’t Hold Us.”
Along with performing across the state, the KIDS are taking on a new outreach program called “Realize your Dream.” The KIDS will be connecting with youth in various communities to show them that following your dreams in music performance is possible.
A list of the announced troupe and tour dates as well as information on the “Realize your Dream” program can be found at www.kidsfromwisconsin.org or visit: http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs139/1115717656570/archive/1116671374381.html
- Callen’s Tips for Transforming Small Interior Spaces
- Hoops for Awareness
- Playground at Malone Opens July 2nd
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for Little Muskego Lake project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for senior citizen music therapy project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with Engel Conservation Area seed collection project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with anti-bullying project
- Big Bend resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with heritage plant project
- Callen Staffer Earns National Certification Designation
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on June 22