The Friends of Saint Patrick Centre – Milwaukee Chapter will partner with the Hunger Task Force to collect food donations during two area parades on Sat., March 15, 2014.
The Shamrock Club Saint Patrick’s Day Downtown Parade sponsored by the Westown Association & Shamrock Club of Wisconsin begins at noon at 4th St. and Wisconsin Ave., continuing to Highland and Water Streets. The Bluemound Parade sponsored by the Bluemound Road Business Advancement Association begins at 3:30 p.m. at Balistreri’s Bluemound Inn, running east from 65th St. to Mitchell Blvd.
The Hunger Task Force’s “Free & Local Truck,” identified with the Friends of Saint Patrick Centre banners, will participate in both parades. Dressed in colorful T-shirts, volunteers from the Friends of Saint Patrick will trail the trucks with grocery carts collecting non-perishable food donations, as well as cash donations, along the entire parade routes.
For more information on the St. Patrick’s Day Food Drive, contact Tom Callen at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 414-529-5509.
The Hunger Task Force believes that every person has a right to adequate food obtained with dignity. Food pantries, homeless shelters, and soup kitchens will all benefit from donations received. The Hunger Task Force works to prevent hunger and malnutrition by providing food to people in need today and by promoting social policies to achieve a hunger-free community tomorrow.
The Friends of Saint Patrick Centre – Milwaukee, through education, action, and celebration take forward and nurture Saint Patrick’s legacy both in America and Ireland. The Chapter supports the Saint Patrick Centre in Northern Ireland and charitable organizations within our community.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Heritage Haunted House
- Meet Women in Business through the Muskego Women's Business Connection
- New Forward Dental Office Opens in Muskego
- Newly remodeled Anita's Dance Center celebrates with Ribbon Cutting and Openhouse
- Dental Associates Plans for Waukesha Clinic
- Heartsaver first aid, CPR course offered at WCTC
- Class of 1995 Muskego High School Reunion
- Big Z: Unique family meal option from Marcus Theatres
- Callen Offers Tips to Prevent Bathroom Mold Before It Becomes a Problem
- Ixonia Bank Selects Safe Babies Healthy Families for Casual for a Cause