Young musicians at Bay Lane Middle School left the Solo Ensemble Festival at Mukwonago High School a little heavier than when they first arrived.
Joel Snavely, director of bands at Bay Lane Middle School, said the band students took part in the event this past Saturday, April 14, and out of 17 solos performed, 16 earned the top ranking of a gold medal and one earned a silver medal.
"I am very proud of all the hard work these students put in to having a successful, rewarding performance experience. All of our students represented Bay Lane Middle School and Muskego well with their talent, work ethic, behavior and positive attitudes," Snavely said of the near-perfect performance by his students.
Pictured (L-R): Jack Maher, trumpet, Maggie Chmiel, tuba and Maxwell Reichart, trumpet, Sara Perry, sax, Zoie Weiss, sax, Lauren Gehrt, flute, and MacKenzie O'Keefe, flute
Here is a list of all the students that performed:
Angie Li, MacKenzie O'Keefe, Lauren Gehrt, Grace Blenker, Spencer Reichart, Michael Waldoch, Sara Perry, Zoie Weiss, Jack Maher, Maxwell Reichart, Evan Oium, Maggie Chmiel, Tyler Schmid, Tyler Schmidt, Abby Warwick, Emily Dentice
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- Weekly United Way Press Release - Volunteer Opportunities
- Polish Harvest Festival
- From Billions to None: The Passenger Pigeon’s Flight to Extinction
- Eagle Scout Project in Progress at Faith Community Church - Franklin
- Local Vape Shop Kicks Butts
- Christ the King Church of Delafield To Hold Rally Sunday Celebration, Sept. 7
- Milwaukee/NARI Reveals the Secret Ingredient of an Award-Winning Remodel
- Waukesha County’s Mukwonago Park Dog Exercise Area Grand Opening Announced
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County