Young musicians at Bay Lane Middle School left the Solo Ensemble Festival at Mukwonago High School a little heavier than when they first arrived.
Joel Snavely, director of bands at Bay Lane Middle School, said the band students took part in the event this past Saturday, April 14, and out of 17 solos performed, 16 earned the top ranking of a gold medal and one earned a silver medal.
"I am very proud of all the hard work these students put in to having a successful, rewarding performance experience. All of our students represented Bay Lane Middle School and Muskego well with their talent, work ethic, behavior and positive attitudes," Snavely said of the near-perfect performance by his students.
Pictured (L-R): Jack Maher, trumpet, Maggie Chmiel, tuba and Maxwell Reichart, trumpet, Sara Perry, sax, Zoie Weiss, sax, Lauren Gehrt, flute, and MacKenzie O'Keefe, flute
Here is a list of all the students that performed:
Angie Li, MacKenzie O'Keefe, Lauren Gehrt, Grace Blenker, Spencer Reichart, Michael Waldoch, Sara Perry, Zoie Weiss, Jack Maher, Maxwell Reichart, Evan Oium, Maggie Chmiel, Tyler Schmid, Tyler Schmidt, Abby Warwick, Emily Dentice
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Callen Earns Esteemed 2015 Angie’s List Super Service Award
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Pancake Breakfast and Silent Auction
- Callen Construction Offers Seven Tips for a Luxury Custom Closet
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- The President Comes to Park's Edge Preschool
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- College Works Painting Internship