Muskego residents will have an opportunity to “Explore Remodeling’s Finest”, with a recently completed renovation project in the city part of the 15th annual Milwaukee/NARI TOUR of Remodeled Homes, Sat., May 17 – Sun., May 18, 2014, from 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. daily.
The TOUR of Remodeled Homes is produced by the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council, Inc., and sponsored by Kohler Co., First Supply, a leading Kohler wholesale distributor, VerHalen, The Pella Window Store, and Hallmark Building Supplies, Inc. The event will allow attendees to view 21 recently completed remodeling and home improvement projects from Milwaukee/NARI contractors at homes throughout southeastern Wisconsin.
The TOUR of Remodeled Homes will feature the following renovation project in Muskego:
• Woodhaven Homes Makeover: Full First Floor Remodel • W175 S7217 Lake Drive
This home on Little Muskego Lake underwent an entire first floor renovation, including removing walls, half walls, flooring, cabinets, doors, and trim, plus redesigning the kitchen and master bath. The front door was replaced with a decorative door and side light, while an old 10’ patio door was removed and the opening expanded to accommodate a 12’ patio door. Hickory flooring was added in all the common areas, while carpeting was installed in the three bedrooms and den. Ceramic tile was installed in the laundry/mud room, plus the main and master baths. A custom tile shower with rain head and a custom, frameless shower door was installed in the master bath. Custom birch cabinets were installed in the kitchen, laundry/mud room, along side the fireplace, and in both bathrooms. Granite countertops and stainless steel appliances, including a double oven, hood, and cooktop, were added in the kitchen. Corian countertops with molded marble sinks were installed in the laundry room and both bathrooms. The family room renovation includes a remote gas fireplace surrounded by dry stack cultured stone and custom wood mantel with a 60-inch flat screen TV above it.
An added attraction for the 2014 TOUR of Remodeled Homes is an opportunity to win a 2.5 bath and kitchen Kohler Alteo faucet package in chrome polish valued at more than $1,000. Patrons that visit at least six of the project locations will be eligible to register to win the prize package.
TOUR of Remodeled Homes admission is $4 in advance, and $7 at the door of the projects. Through Fri., May 16, advance tickets can be purchased between 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. at the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council office, 11815 W. Dearbourn Ave. in Wauwatosa.
Attendees that bring two, non-perishable food items to the door of the first project they visit will receive a $2 admission discount, with the food items to be donated to The Salvation Army of Milwaukee County.
For more information on the Milwaukee/NARI TOUR of Remodeled Homes, visit www.milwaukeenari.org or call 414-771-4071.
- Enjoy Local Cuisine and the Water Bugs Show on Little Muskego Lake
- Callen’s Tips for Transforming Small Interior Spaces
- Hoops for Awareness
- Playground at Malone Opens July 2nd
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for Little Muskego Lake project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for senior citizen music therapy project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with Engel Conservation Area seed collection project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with anti-bullying project
- Big Bend resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with heritage plant project
- Callen Staffer Earns National Certification Designation