Madison Penzkover of Mukwonago stars as Nancy Drew in First Stage’s Nancy Drew and her Biggest Case Ever. The final production of First Stage’s 2013-14 season will play at the Todd Wehr Theater at the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts through June 1.
Madison, a homeschooled sophomore, has also appeared First Stage’s productions To the Promised Land and as “Veruca” in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Outside the theater, she enjoys baking, reading cosplaying and binge-watching Netflix.
“I've really enjoyed being a part of the process of creating this show,” said Madison. “Everyone involved with the show are thrilled and giving it 100%. You can tell that everyone is really passionate about what they're doing.”
Nancy Drew follows the story of Nancy as she sets out to solve one of the biggest mysteries in her young career. River Heights is home to a daring rescue, a lost treasure, and an old enemy – and only Nancy can save the day. Nancy Drew marks First Stage’s 50th world premiere production.
“My favorite thing about Nancy Drew is her independence,” said Madison. “She doesn't sit back and let other people figure things out, as a young woman might be expected to do during the time period. If she sees a problem, she doesn't hesitate to try to fix it.”
The young performers of Nancy Drew are double cast. Madison shares the role of “Nancy” with Amanda Desimowich of Fredonia. For more information about Nancy Drew and First Stage, check out www.firststage.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sharpen your sleuthing skills for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7
- Callen Construction Recognized by Houzz
- 10th Annual New Berlin West Baseball Casino Night Fundraiser
- Second Planning Mtg. for Hales Corners Chamber's Awards Banquet
- New RE/MAX Office Opens in Muskego
- WINTER WARRIORS
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner