American Legion Post 356 celebrates every Memorial Day but this year’s event is significant as we will also recognize the City of Muskego’s 50th Anniversary. Join us at Muskego City Hall Monday, May 26 at 10 a.m.
Memorial Day was first observed in 1868 when flowers were placed on the graves of Civil War Veterans buried in Arlington National Cemetery.
In June, 1948, American Legion Post 356 was chartered and recognized by the State of Wisconsin. In November, 1964 the City of Muskego incorporated.
Those dates represent our history and it is appropriate that we take a few moments to celebrate our heritage, as well as our fallen Veterans.
It is the citizens that make a city great. Post 356 hopes that all of us will join together for a few moments on Memorial Day to recognize our accomplishments in building a beautiful community.
THIS IS YOUR INVITATION, PLEASE SHARE IT. The Members and Auxiliary of American Legion Post 356 looking forward to seeing you this Memorial Day
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner
- Carroll's Bryan Nagy named All-Midwest Conference
- Wine & Beer Tasting Event March 21, 2015 @ 6:00pm
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Peak Performance Volleyball Camp for 3rd - 8th Grade Girls
- A Retirement Income Planning Primer
- Muskego Open Swim, Pool Rentals, & Swim Lessons!
- New Berlin Swim Club Tryout Swim Camp
- Milwaukee/NARI Members Advise That Details Make the Difference in Interior Design
- Muskego Girls Varsity Bowling Team Qualifies for State