American Legion Post 356 celebrates every Memorial Day but this year’s event is significant as we will also recognize the City of Muskego’s 50th Anniversary. Join us at Muskego City Hall Monday, May 26 at 10 a.m.
Memorial Day was first observed in 1868 when flowers were placed on the graves of Civil War Veterans buried in Arlington National Cemetery.
In June, 1948, American Legion Post 356 was chartered and recognized by the State of Wisconsin. In November, 1964 the City of Muskego incorporated.
Those dates represent our history and it is appropriate that we take a few moments to celebrate our heritage, as well as our fallen Veterans.
It is the citizens that make a city great. Post 356 hopes that all of us will join together for a few moments on Memorial Day to recognize our accomplishments in building a beautiful community.
THIS IS YOUR INVITATION, PLEASE SHARE IT. The Members and Auxiliary of American Legion Post 356 looking forward to seeing you this Memorial Day
- Callen’s Tips for Transforming Small Interior Spaces
- Hoops for Awareness
- Playground at Malone Opens July 2nd
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for Little Muskego Lake project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for senior citizen music therapy project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with Engel Conservation Area seed collection project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with anti-bullying project
- Big Bend resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with heritage plant project
- Callen Staffer Earns National Certification Designation
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on June 22