American Legion Post 356 celebrates every Memorial Day but this year’s event is significant as we will also recognize the City of Muskego’s 50th Anniversary. Join us at Muskego City Hall Monday, May 26 at 10 a.m.
Memorial Day was first observed in 1868 when flowers were placed on the graves of Civil War Veterans buried in Arlington National Cemetery.
In June, 1948, American Legion Post 356 was chartered and recognized by the State of Wisconsin. In November, 1964 the City of Muskego incorporated.
Those dates represent our history and it is appropriate that we take a few moments to celebrate our heritage, as well as our fallen Veterans.
It is the citizens that make a city great. Post 356 hopes that all of us will join together for a few moments on Memorial Day to recognize our accomplishments in building a beautiful community.
THIS IS YOUR INVITATION, PLEASE SHARE IT. The Members and Auxiliary of American Legion Post 356 looking forward to seeing you this Memorial Day
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Milwaukee Hamilton Class of 1975, 40th Reunion
- Muskego Open Swim, Pool Rentals, & Swim Lessons!
- Hinkel Inc. becomes wholly owned subsidiary of Inpro
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA Local professional group secures prominent Latina celebrity for upcoming fundraiser
- Latest Developments in Alzheimer's Research
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive
- Village Playhouse presents
- Heritage Presbyterian Church 5th Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- Success in School Is Happening Online at Wauwatosa Virtual Academy