American Legion Post 356 celebrates every Memorial Day but this year’s event is significant as we will also recognize the City of Muskego’s 50th Anniversary. Join us at Muskego City Hall Monday, May 26 at 10 a.m.
Memorial Day was first observed in 1868 when flowers were placed on the graves of Civil War Veterans buried in Arlington National Cemetery.
In June, 1948, American Legion Post 356 was chartered and recognized by the State of Wisconsin. In November, 1964 the City of Muskego incorporated.
Those dates represent our history and it is appropriate that we take a few moments to celebrate our heritage, as well as our fallen Veterans.
It is the citizens that make a city great. Post 356 hopes that all of us will join together for a few moments on Memorial Day to recognize our accomplishments in building a beautiful community.
Please share this invitation with your friends and neighbors. The Members and Auxiliary of American Legion Post 356 looking forward to seeing you this Memorial Day!
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!
- Welcome Pokemon Go Players
- Fill the Bus to be held August 6
- Pet Safety Tips for the Heat
- Waukesha County Wins National County Award
- 9th Annual Refashion For Life Charity Fashion Show Announced
- Callen’s Remodeling Tips to Save Energy, the Environment
- Milwaukee NARI Foundation Announces Officers and Directors
- “Cave Quest” Vacation Bible School at Faith Community Church, July 18 - 22
- COMMUNICATION IS A TWO-WAY STREET: SPEED BUMPS THAT CAN SLOW DOWN THE CREDIT APPROVAL PROCESS