American Legion Post 356 celebrates every Memorial Day but this year’s event is significant as we will also recognize the City of Muskego’s 50th Anniversary. Join us at Muskego City Hall Monday, May 26 at 10 a.m.
Memorial Day was first observed in 1868 when flowers were placed on the graves of Civil War Veterans buried in Arlington National Cemetery.
In June, 1948, American Legion Post 356 was chartered and recognized by the State of Wisconsin. In November, 1964 the City of Muskego incorporated.
Those dates represent our history and it is appropriate that we take a few moments to celebrate our heritage, as well as our fallen Veterans.
It is the citizens that make a city great. Post 356 hopes that all of us will join together for a few moments on Memorial Day to recognize our accomplishments in building a beautiful community.
Please share this invitation with your friends and neighbors. The Members and Auxiliary of American Legion Post 356 looking forward to seeing you this Memorial Day!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego Lions Proud to Announce New Officers
- Refashion for Life Charity Fashion Show to Feature Clothing, Home Improvement Products
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- Get Back 2 School 4 a G8 Deal!
- Fall into Free Fab Skincare!
- 2015 U14 Wisconsin Warriors Baseball Tryouts!!
- Waukesha County Recycling & Water Resources: In the Community
- Two Warriors Named Regional Champions
- Muskego Resident is an "I Ride with MS" Ambassador
- St. James Parish Festival to be held In Mukwonago Aug. 15 - 17