Heather Mernitz has been promoted to associate professor of Physical Science at Alverno College. Mernitz, a Muskego resident, has taught at Alverno since 2007. In that time she has taught several different classes including Foundations for Chemistry, Chemistry of Bio-organic Molecules, Biochemistry and Biochemistry of Micronutrients. She is a member of the Midwest Association of Chemistry Teachers at Liberal Arts Colleges (MACTLAC), and she serves as a science fair judge for assorted local and regional K-12 science fairs. She earned her Ph.D. in Nutritional Biochemistry and Metabolism from Tufts University in Boston, Mass.
About Alverno College
Alverno College, a four-year independent, Catholic, liberal arts college for women, exists to promote the personal and professional development of its students. The college has earned accolades and respect internationally for its highly effective ability-based, assessment-as-learning approach to education, and has consulted with three U.S. presidential administrations on accountability and outcomes in higher education. For the last four years, Alverno College was ranked one of the top three schools in the Midwest doing “the best job of educating undergrads” by U.S. News & World Report. Educators from throughout the world visit Alverno to learn about its proven, student-centered teaching methods.
Alverno offers more than 35 major program areas of study, including graduate programs in education, nursing, community psychology and business that are open to women and men. For more information about Alverno, visit www.alverno.edu or call 414-382-6100.
- HAWS NAMED A FINALIST IN WATERSTONE BANK’S 95TH ANNIVERSARY VIDEO CONTEST
- Five Tips for “Greening” the Kitchen From Callen Construction
- New Summer Worship Schedule for Christ the King
- HAWS May Adoption Special
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Muskego Health & Wellness Center announces the addition of ChiroThin™ to their office
- Callen Celebrates National Home Improvement Month
- Relay for Life at Oak Creek High School on Friday, May 20th
- Help Waukesha County Prepare for a Disaster!
- Milwaukee's Newest All Star Cheer Gym in New Berlin