“Refashion for Life,” the fashion show combining the newest in clothing with fashionable products for the home, will feature an assortment of fall and winter fashions, plus a variety of home improvement and remodeling products.
The seventh annual charity event, Wed., Aug. 20, from 5:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. at Callen Construction’s Muskego Showroom and company grounds, S63 W13131 Janesville Rd., benefits CommonGround Ministry/Elena’s House. The fashion show, featuring clothing from Barcelona Artful Living, Fashion Farmboy, J. Hilburn, Lela, Urban Laundry, and YouphoriClothing will depict the following themes:
• Artistic Interpretation: reinterpret classic styles
• Classic Colorations: unusual uses of color
• Clever Combinations: different elements that don’t seem to fit together but do
• Evening Motivation: evening wear with an upscale look
Bjorn Nasett, fashion and style writer and the creator of Fashion Farmboy, will coordinate the fashion show and serve as the emcee. In addition to the latest in fall and winter fashion, countertops, cabinetry, windows, plumbing and light fixtures, flooring, and hardware will also make their way down the runway.
Refashion for Life will also include a voice and silent auction comprised of a wide assortment of items, Saz’s Catering will provide small plate appetizers and desserts, and there will be music by Mr. Lucky Light.
There will also be cooking demonstrations in the Callen showroom featuring Thermador Appliances sponsored by Grand Appliance and TV, as well as a dance showcase in the showroom and on the runway stage by Fred Astaire Dance Studio of Greenfield professionals.
Tickets are $40 and are on sale at www.refashionforlife.com. All proceeds support the programs offered by CommonGround Ministry/Elena’s House in Wauwatosa, which provides physical, spiritual, and emotional support to people infected with and affected by HIV/AIDS. Elena’s House, offering a holistic ministry that is both personal and communal, is a home for four to five people that wish to reside in a safe and supportive living environment. CommonGround Ministry is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization funded through the contributions of individuals, organizations, and foundations.
For more information, visit www.refashionforlife.com, call 414-529-5509, or email email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 30th Annual Candy Cane Lane Opens
- Hales Corners Lutheran Church presents annual Christmas Musical
- Franklin 8th Grader makes team USA U15
- Puzzles and Games that Exercise the Brain
- A Retirement Income Planning Primer
- SUNSET PLAYHOUSE PRESENTS CROONER CHRIS MARIANI IN HAVE A COOL YULE
- We want to help relieve your Holiday Stress!!!
- Waukesha County Purchase Award contest winners announced
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- Santa is Coming to Town in Greendale