Muskego veteran William Klovas accompanied one hundred World War II veterans from Wisconsin visited their national memorial in Washington, DC on April 25. The veterans also visited other military memorials during their one-day trip and were greeted by family, friends, military representatives, an honor guard, and military band when they returned to General Mitchell Field that evening. The trip was sponsored by Panera Bread and Stars & Stripes Honor Flight – Wisconsin. The organizations raised more than $84,000 in donations to fund the flight. Additional trips for over 600 Wisconsin WW II veterans are planned for June 27 and a date to be determined in September.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hockey Moms Face Off Against Cancer
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014
- UW-Waukesha Continuing Education Classes (Sept 29-Oct 5, 2014)
- How To Write and Deliver A Tale Tall
- 16U Franklin Flame Fastpitch Wounded Warrior Fundraiser
- Free Prepare Your Home for Winter Seminar Offered by Milwaukee/NARI
- Pre Three Class
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Art & Craft Vendors Wanted!
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th