Muskego veteran William Klovas accompanied one hundred World War II veterans from Wisconsin visited their national memorial in Washington, DC on April 25. The veterans also visited other military memorials during their one-day trip and were greeted by family, friends, military representatives, an honor guard, and military band when they returned to General Mitchell Field that evening. The trip was sponsored by Panera Bread and Stars & Stripes Honor Flight – Wisconsin. The organizations raised more than $84,000 in donations to fund the flight. Additional trips for over 600 Wisconsin WW II veterans are planned for June 27 and a date to be determined in September.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- UW-Waukesha Continuing Education Classes Offered Nov 10-16, 2014
- Fabulous Fish Fry for a Fabulous Cause
- All You Can Eat Breakfast Buffet
- Muskego Open Swim, Pool Rentals, & Swim Lessons!
- Bestselling author headlines National Novel Writing Month kickoff
- United Way in Waukesha County Weekly Press Release
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- West Allis Pastor and Music Director Perform Concert in Sweden
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 15 Members
- Kristen Belan Joins R.A. Smith National as Municipal Services Project Manager/Engineer