Muskego veteran William Klovas accompanied one hundred World War II veterans from Wisconsin visited their national memorial in Washington, DC on April 25. The veterans also visited other military memorials during their one-day trip and were greeted by family, friends, military representatives, an honor guard, and military band when they returned to General Mitchell Field that evening. The trip was sponsored by Panera Bread and Stars & Stripes Honor Flight – Wisconsin. The organizations raised more than $84,000 in donations to fund the flight. Additional trips for over 600 Wisconsin WW II veterans are planned for June 27 and a date to be determined in September.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Register NOW for K3, K4 - 8th Grade
- Jr Hawks U14 Tryouts for 2015
- Muskego Resident Featured in GCT’s Production of Legally Blonde: The Musical
- 2015 U14 Wisconsin Warriors Baseball Tryouts!!
- Team from Muskego-Norway Wins Safety Challenge in Glendale
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Faith Community Church Offers Evening VBS for Kids, July 21 - 25
- Canine Fun Fest
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- New Berlin Magic 2015 Baseball Tryouts July 25-26