Muskego veteran William Klovas accompanied one hundred World War II veterans from Wisconsin visited their national memorial in Washington, DC on April 25. The veterans also visited other military memorials during their one-day trip and were greeted by family, friends, military representatives, an honor guard, and military band when they returned to General Mitchell Field that evening. The trip was sponsored by Panera Bread and Stars & Stripes Honor Flight – Wisconsin. The organizations raised more than $84,000 in donations to fund the flight. Additional trips for over 600 Wisconsin WW II veterans are planned for June 27 and a date to be determined in September.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Callen’s Muskego Showroom to Host Easter Bunny March 28
- St. Patrick’s Day Concert with David HB Drake
- Chamber Rolls Out the Red Carpet at Gala 2015
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner
- Carroll's Bryan Nagy named All-Midwest Conference
- Wine & Beer Tasting Event March 21, 2015 @ 6:00pm
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Peak Performance Volleyball Camp for 3rd - 8th Grade Girls
- A Retirement Income Planning Primer
- Muskego Open Swim, Pool Rentals, & Swim Lessons!