Muskego veteran William Klovas accompanied one hundred World War II veterans from Wisconsin visited their national memorial in Washington, DC on April 25. The veterans also visited other military memorials during their one-day trip and were greeted by family, friends, military representatives, an honor guard, and military band when they returned to General Mitchell Field that evening. The trip was sponsored by Panera Bread and Stars & Stripes Honor Flight – Wisconsin. The organizations raised more than $84,000 in donations to fund the flight. Additional trips for over 600 Wisconsin WW II veterans are planned for June 27 and a date to be determined in September.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego Lions Proud to Announce New Officers
- Refashion for Life Charity Fashion Show to Feature Clothing, Home Improvement Products
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- Get Back 2 School 4 a G8 Deal!
- Fall into Free Fab Skincare!
- 2015 U14 Wisconsin Warriors Baseball Tryouts!!
- Waukesha County Recycling & Water Resources: In the Community
- Two Warriors Named Regional Champions
- Muskego Resident is an "I Ride with MS" Ambassador
- St. James Parish Festival to be held In Mukwonago Aug. 15 - 17