Muskego veteran William Klovas accompanied one hundred World War II veterans from Wisconsin visited their national memorial in Washington, DC on April 25. The veterans also visited other military memorials during their one-day trip and were greeted by family, friends, military representatives, an honor guard, and military band when they returned to General Mitchell Field that evening. The trip was sponsored by Panera Bread and Stars & Stripes Honor Flight – Wisconsin. The organizations raised more than $84,000 in donations to fund the flight. Additional trips for over 600 Wisconsin WW II veterans are planned for June 27 and a date to be determined in September.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin 8th Grader makes team USA U15
- Puzzles and Games that Exercise the Brain
- A Retirement Income Planning Primer
- SUNSET PLAYHOUSE PRESENTS CROONER CHRIS MARIANI IN HAVE A COOL YULE
- We want to help relieve your Holiday Stress!!!
- Waukesha County Purchase Award contest winners announced
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- Santa is Coming to Town in Greendale
- Breakfast with Santa, Cookie Walk & Craft Fair
- All You Can Eat Breakfast - Sunday, November 15th