Olympic Speedskater Alyson Dudek Brings Home the Bronze for Homecoming Celebration at PyraMax Bank
Olympic Bronze Medalist Alyson Dudek returns to her hometown of Hales Corners for a special event at the Greenfield Branch of PyraMax Bank, 7001 W. Edgerton Ave., on Thursday, May 6, 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. The young speed skater will be bringing her bronze medal, U.S. Olympic skins and skates for picture-taking and an autograph signing and talk to the community about her first-ever Olympics experience. The homecoming event is open to the general public.
Dudek, 19, currently resides in Salt Lake City, where she trains with the U.S. Speedskating team. In February, Dudek and her teammates finished third in the Short Track Speedskating 3.000m Relay at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver. The last time the U.S. Women’s team medaled in this event was 16 years ago.
Joining Dudek at the homecoming will be Richard Hurd, president of PyraMax Bank, Maurice Miller, president of the West Allis Speedskating Club, where Dudek got her start in the sport, and Lance Allan, sports anchor at Today’s TMJ4, who covered Alyson and other Wisconsin athletes during the Winter Games. Ann’s Italian Restaurant in Hales Corners will provide pizza at the event.
PyraMax Bank, a federally chartered Mutual Savings Bank, is an official sponsor of Alyson Dudek. With $499,207,101 in assets and nine locations in southeastern Wisconsin, including Franklin, Greenfield, Milwaukee, Mukwonago, Muskego, South Milwaukee, Third Ward, Waukesha and West Allis, PyraMax offers the unequaled power of local decision making.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local student leads project to Can Hunger in Waukesha County
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Holy Apostles Fish Fry
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- Winners of the 47th annual Waukesha County Courthouse Purchase Award Art Contest
- CARE WISCONSIN WAUKESHA OFFICE RELOCATING TO FIRST FLOOR OF CURRENT BUILDING
- School Board President Jim Schaefer announces he won't seek re-election
- Fill your stockings with the gift of Parks and Golf
- Giving Tuesday – Share How You Help Others Or How You’ve Been Helped
- IKE CHEERLEADER'S HOLIDAY YOUTH CHEER CLINIC