Blessed Savior Lutheran Church, http://blessedsaviorwi.org/, was officially organized in 1960, at a meeting of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, South Wisconsin District, in Elm Grove Lutheran Church. This new mission congregation began with 13 families and the first service was on July 13, 1960. The Reverend Bernard O. Raabe, then Mission Executive of the South Wisconsin District, preached at that first service.
The Rev. Robert A. Schmidt was called to serve as our first Pastor. Church services were held in the old Calhoun Hall each Sunday morning. While members arrived for worship, some were asked to help clean the hall of beer cups, ash trays and wedding decorations from the previous night’s festivities. Groundbreaking ceremonies for a new church facility were held in April of 1962, at 15250 W. Cleveland Avenue. In December of that year, our new church building was dedicated.
Pastor Schmidt served the congregation until 1972. The Reverend Wallace C. Oswald served as our second Pastor from 1973 until his retirement in 1995. The Rev. Dr. Timm L. Griffin accepted our call to serve as Pastor in 1996, and served until 2003. The Rev. Martinho Q. Sander was installed as Pastor in 2003, the position he currently holds.
A Preschool for 3 and 4 year olds was begun in September, 1990 under the direction of Dr. Candyce Seider. Twenty four children were enrolled that year. In 1997, Extended Care facilities were added. Today, our Early Childhood Center serves about 100 children in preschool classes, extended care programs and special summer programs: http://blessedsaviorecc.org/ .
The church building was expanded in 1974, adding an Education and Fellowship Center to the building, and again in 1996 when the church completed a larger Fellowship Hall, new office facilities, addition classrooms for Sunday School and the Early Childhood Center, and a larger Sanctuary.
God has blessed the people of Blessed Savior Lutheran Church. As we celebrate 50 years of God’s Blessings, we look forward to many more years of sharing HIS STORY. Service times are Sunday mornings at 8:00 and 10:30 AM and Thursday evenings at 7:00 PM.
- Callen’s Tips for Transforming Small Interior Spaces
- Hoops for Awareness
- Playground at Malone Opens July 2nd
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for Little Muskego Lake project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for senior citizen music therapy project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with Engel Conservation Area seed collection project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with anti-bullying project
- Big Bend resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with heritage plant project
- Callen Staffer Earns National Certification Designation
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on June 22