ProHealth Care Regency Senior Communities-Muskego To Host FREE Senior Health & Fitness Day
The public is invited to attend the free 13th Annual Senior Health & Fitness Day at ProHealth Care Regency Senior Communities-Muskego on Tuesday, May 18 from 8:30 am to 1:00 pm. This year’s National theme, Get Going…Get Fit…Start Today!! focuses on getting seniors moving more every day, and this event begins with a group walk. The campus is located 3.5 miles south of I-43 on Racine Ave. at Woods Road, W181 S8540 Lodge Blvd., in Muskego.
May is Older Americans Month, a tradition dating back to 1963 to honor the ongoing contributions of older Americans. Regency-Muskego is joining communities nationwide in celebrating this month with special activities and events.
8:30 am Registration & Check-In at Regency-Muskego lobby
9:00 am Walking Event 1/8 & 1/4 mile inside OR 1/3, 2/3 or 1 mile around the pond –
9:00 am Exhibits Open:
• Chair Massages by David Dickinson, Massage Therapist
• Lakeside School of Massage Therapy Students
• Physical Therapy Information by Amy Helminski, Physical Therapist
• Rehabilitation Hospital Information by Jamie Judd, RN/Clinical Liaison, Rehabilitation Hospital of Wisconsin
• Body Fat Scale & Sleep Apnea Information by Ashley Huber, Sleep Center at Waukesha Memorial Hospital
• Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Medicine Information by Gloria Dolan, Program Director, Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital
• Bone Density Screenings by Laura Armstrong, Education Specialist, Women’s Health Center, Waukesha Memorial Hospital
• Spinal Screenings by Dr. Jurack, Chiropractor, Muskego Health & Wellness Center
• Healthy Snacks
• Literature & Handouts
10:20 am “Regency Rockers” Dance Team performs
10:30 am Motivational Speaker: Senior 75s Softball Team (Main Dining Room)
You will be inspired by this talented team of athletes who are all between 74 and 80 years old. They are also the two-time national champions for softball in their age bracket. This team is known not only for their athletic skill but for their outstanding positive attitudes. You may have seen them on the local ProHealth Care TV commercial. You won’t want to miss this opportunity to hear their inspiring story.
11:00 am Group Chair Exercises lead by Thena Stevens, Regency’s Fitness Specialist
For over 20 years, ProHealth Care Regency Senior Communities has provided Senior Living, Assisted Living and Attended Care programs. Regency Senior Communities, located in Brookfield, Muskego, and New Berlin, are locally owned and managed non-profit affiliates of the ProHealth Care family.
For more information contact:
Mary Plutz, Director of Lifestyle Services
Regency Senior Communities-Muskego
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego Open Swim - Happy Holidays!
- Make an Impact in the Fight Against cancer
- Muskego Open Swim - Back Again!
- Make A Wish donation Charitable Temporary Tattoo booth at Muskego Community Festival
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honors with mission community garden project
- Hot Hula Fitness Lands at Lion's Park June 24
- Free seminar to aid job seekers
- Muskego Open Swim - Closed Down
- Summer day camp for girls in Muskego a fun-filled week of outdoor activities
- Muskego Kiwanis Tree Sale on 5/4/13